Thursday, September 30, 2010

ShiBOOYAH!

YOU will NOT believe what I FOUND in my LUGGAGE!!!


Silly cat. You’re not clothes, get out of there!

Anywho, I left Kyoto this morning at about 11:30 and started on my two hour train ride back to Tokyo. WEEEEEEE.

While on the train, I FINALLY saw Mount Fuji.
These were the best shots I was able to get. I did do a bit of Photoshop work to enhance the colors of them.
Hope you like em






I'm back down to the Tokyo Metro. These subways are MUCH cheaper than the ones in Osaka and Kyoto. Don't know why.

Empty Station Kind of


While on the subway, all the doors between cars were open.


And here's the shot of the train controls.


I checked into my room and so far, I think this is my favorite room. I wish I stayed here when I first got to Tokyo.
Here's a view from the hallway.


Gotta take off your shoes when you walk in.


The bathroom is right on the right.


And here is my living quarters. I like it. The bed is actually pretty comfy. And if I fall off, which I have been known to do (Especially on bunk beds), it isn't as far of a fall.


There's even a sweet closet with a fridge and trash underneath it


The windows slide open. There's glass behind them, don't worry.


I even get my own AC


I dropped off all my stuff and headed for Shibuya, a HUGE shopping district.
Watch this trailer of Lost in Translation. The part where the Dinosaur is walking across the giant screen is in Shibuya.

I highly recommend that movie. I'll probably see it differently the next time I watch it. "Hey, I was there!!!" or "I did that!"
Sweet.

Anyway, here are pictures of the Shibuya screen (from right to left)



I tried to get as high up as I could, this was the best that I could do. Not the greatest shots, but it shows ya what it's all about.

Here's a couple more shots of just the screen



They were playing this music video throughout some of the streets. Ugh, I strongly dislike this song. (Notice how I didn't use hate!)

If you haven't heard it, this guy took the beat of the "Stand By Me" song and put his own lame lyrics into it.

Here are some more shots around Shibuya.



A guy wearing a face mask. Guess he doesn’t wanna get SARS.




These Lawson stores are EVERYWHERE!
They are the second largest convenience store in all of Japan. (7-Eleven is number one)

What? Pachinko? NO WAY!!!

Throughout my travels, I've probably come across a good 50 different Pachinko parlors. Most of them are right across the street from each other. It's CRAZY.
And if you go inside, it's really loud. I played it once, couldn't figure it out, then left.


You're not going to believe the store that I found. Needless to say I bought them out of stock of everything.


Finally, before I left Shibuya, I got a few shots of the screen while it was a bit darker.

Everybody's waiting for the green man signaling go!



HE'S GREEN! Let the crowd surfing begin.
I can only wish.


Well, that's about it.
Tomorrow I'll probably be spending most of what's left in Japan in the airport.
Don't know how many pictures I'll be getting while I'm there. I might get one here or there in LAX. We'll see.

Thanks so much for everyones comments. And if you haven't commented, I appreciate you at least checking out my blog. Leave some comments, though. They make Tony happy. :)

Keep checking the blog, though. Tomorrow, while on the flight, I'll probably pick out my favorite pictures and make computer wallpapers for everyone. Hell, I'll probably print a few of em out and frame em.

And don't forget, I've got about 2 hours of video. Although I'll probably edit that down quite a bit. So an hour and a half or so. I'll be posting those on Youtube and embedding them in here.
Arigatoo Gozaimasu
Sayoonara


4 comments:

  1. Wow, very cool. I can't wait to go there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting post, I would like to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous man, always wanted to go to Japan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really want to go to Japan ): Especially now

    ReplyDelete